I wish I had discovered slow cookers in college. I ate tons of fast food during those stressful college years, and I could been eating home-cooked meals instead.
I received my first slow cooker as a wedding gift, and I fell in love. It is so easy to throw ingredients in before you go to work and have a great meal when you return home.
Being a Louisiana girl, my favorite slow cooker meal is red beans and rice. My brother jokes with me all the time and says that I cook red beans every week. That is totally untrue, but I do cook them a lot.
To shut my brother up, I started searching for new slow cooker meals to try. I’ve tried several recipes for pork chops, chicken, spaghetti, and soups. While recently perusing more meals to try, I found a few that you can prepare for your family. These meals aren’t super complex, so even the pickiest members of your family will enjoy these meals. Unless you’re a member of my family, and you just hate anything that’s not chicken nuggets and French fries. Sigh.
Disclosure: This page may contain some affiliate links. When you purchase items after clicking on links or images, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. I only promote products or services that I have either used or strongly believe in. Please read my full disclosure for more information. All images in this post were used with permission.
Before, I list these awesome meals, I have to show you my slow cookers. Just call me the cousin of 2Chainz because I have 2 slow cookers in my house, y’all. Actually, I have 3, but the other one is in storage because I ran out of room in my cabinets. They come in handy for parties and the holidays. So yes, multiple slow cookers are necessary.
1. Crock Pot Ravioli from Pip and Ebby
2. Authentic Mexican Pork Carnitas from Ethnic Spoon
3. Slow Cooker Orange Chicken from Averie Cooks
4. Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
5. Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli from Moms With Crockpots
6. Slow Cooker Lasagna from Tastes Better From Scratch
7. Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas from Cooking Classy
8. Easy Crock Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls from Two Healthy Kitchens
9. Slow Cooker Chili Mac from Countryside Cravings
10. Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers from The Recipe Critic
11. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches from Chef Savvy
12. Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Potatoes from The Recipe Critic
In the comments below, tell me some meals that you like to prepare in your slow cooker.
- Join me and a great group of other fabulous moms in my Facebook group, Tame the House Facebook Community. We have great discussions and you can gain some much needed inspiration.
- I’ll also be posting this blog topic on my Instagram and Facebook page where I want you to go and tag someone who needs to read this blog post.
- If you love the content on this blog and want more exclusive content sent directly to your inbox, subscribe to receive the Tame the House Newsletter.