When I was in college, I had the time to go to the gym and work out pretty much whenever I wanted. Even when I didn’t work out, my poor eating habits didn’t really affect my weight. I’ve always been tall and slim so I basically ate whatever I wanted.
Disclosure: This page may contain some affiliate links. When you purchase items after clicking on links or images, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. I only promote products or services that I have either used or strongly believe in. Please read my full disclosure for more information.
Flash forward to being 30 and two kids, and I still haven’t lost the extra weight that I put on from pregnancy. December 2016 was a turning point for me. My family members took pictures on Christmas Day and then posted them on Facebook. I remember thinking, “Who is that whale in all of these pictures?”
Oh, yeah. That whale was me.
I knew that I needed to start working out, but I didn’t really have a good solution for solving my problem. I didn’t have enough time to go to the gym, so that option was out. I had an elliptical trainer, but it was too big to fit in my now much smaller home. I thought about walking in the halls of my school after the bell rang, but I was kind of embarrassed to do that. In the summer, I walked a path near a local hospital but I couldn’t bring my two kids to do that.
So, one day I searched online for compact exercise equipment, and I found a portable mini elliptical. I was pretty desperate at that point and I was getting ready to go on my first cruise. I didn’t want anybody on the boat to mistake me for one of the ocean creatures, so I gave it a try. This elliptical has been a game-changer and has helped me work out consistently in the very tight space of my home.
I purchased the Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer from Amazon and started working out every day. Between changing my eating habits and exercising daily, I lost about 20 pounds. Now since then, I’ve had some ups and downs with my weight but I still exercise consistently with my elliptical machine.
If you’re like me, and you have very limited space to exercise, you might be interested in this elliptical. Keep reading to find out why I chose the Stamina In-Motion Elliptical Trainer, and I’ll also talk about some of the pros and cons of this machine.
Why I Chose this Elliptical
- I needed something compact: I store this in my bedroom and it’s never in my way. It’s small enough to fit under the bed, so it could really be out of sight.
- I wanted consistently intense workouts: I had a large, Precor elliptical like you might see in a professional gym. It was so wonderful! When my family and I moved, there was no room for my Precor elliptical, so I had to give it away. Elliptical machines are intense and help you see results in a short amount of time, in my opinion. I wanted a machine that could give me the same effect.
- I wanted to workout anywhere in my house: With this elliptical, I can work out whenever and wherever I want to. I have two young children, so I have to keep them in view at all times when I’m home. Since the machine is portable, I am able to move it to the living room or the kids’ room so that I can keep an eye on them and exercise at the same time.
Pros and Cons of This Elliptical
- Can be used sitting down or standing up
- Quiet while in motion
- Includes a fitness monitor, adjustable tension, and textured pedals
- Strides feel more like an up and down motion, instead of gliding (opposite of a real elliptical)
- Portable, but kind of heavy
Other Comparable Options
Sunny Health & Fitness Twister Stepper
Stamina InMotion Compact Strider
Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Exercise Bike
JFit Under Desk Mini Elliptical
MagneTrainer Mini Arm and Leg Exerciser
DeskCycle Desk Exercise Bike Pedal Exerciser
Cubii Jr Desk Elliptical
Do you have to exercise in tight spaces? What type of equipment do you use or what kind of exercises do you do? Tell me in the comments below.
- I’ll also be posting this blog topic on my Instagram and Facebook page
- If you love the content on this blog and want more exclusive content sent directly to your inbox, subscribe to receive the Tame the House Newsletter.